On March 02, 2023 the webinar "Innovative Approaches to Emissions Reduction - Focus on Monogastrics" will take place as part of the webinar series "Agricultural research on climate change". Which solutions have the potential to improve the climate-friendliness of monogastric farming (especially pigs and poultry)? And what are the options for reducing greenhouse gas emissions that can best be implemented in agricultural practice? These questions will be discussed in the webinar in the form of two workshops based on various presentations.
The webinar aims to provide participants with the opportunity to exchange ideas on current projects and thus create a basis for potential collaborations. The webinar will be hosted by Barbara Amon (ATB Potsdam) and co-hosted by apl. Prof. Dr. Eva Gallmann (University of Hohenheim).
The overall program is as follows:
- Dimensions and climate effects of feed imports and meat exports
Dr. Florian Freund, Thünen-Institut für Marktanalyse
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions from pig feeding
PD Dr. Björn Kuhla, Forschungsinstitut für Nutztierbiologie (FBN)
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions from poultry feeding
PD Dr. Wolfgang Siegert, Universität Hohenheim
- Climate impact of pig husbandry systems and mitigation options
Dr. Frauke Hagenkamp-Korth, Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel
- Climate impact of poultry housing systems and mitigation options
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Büscher, Universität Bonn
- Emission-reducing measures in farm manure management - what to look out for?
Hans-Jürgen Technow, Landwirtschaftskammer Niedersachsen
Following the workshop programme, an additional event is planned from 5:20 p.m. to 6:20 p.m. for an exchange on current projects as a basis for potential collaborations. A survey will be conducted in advance, giving participants the opportunity to note their work on innovative approaches and methods for reducing emissions from monogastric farming systems and to briefly present their projects.
Please find the detailed program here:
If you would like to join the webinar, please sign up here:
In context of the webinar - series, three additional meetings will be held this year:
- March 21, 2023: "Carbon - Farming - Part 2"
- May 25, 2023: "Nutritional transition"
- June / July 2023: "New Crop production systems and new cultures"
Date: March 02, 2023
Uhrzeit: 1.30 - 5.20 pm (optional additional event: 5:20 - 6:20 p.m.)
Location: online webinar