2021 is the International Year of Fruits and Vegetables. For us, this is an occasion to highlight our manifold research activities in this area ...
The United Nations General Assembly has declared 2021 the International Year of Fruit and Vegetables. The decision is based on a proposal by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations FAO.
ATB conducts research along the entire value chain of fruit and vegetables: from growing to storage and packaging.
Infos on our research can be found eg on the following pages:
- Precision horticultire (grwinhg to harvesting): Fruit production goes digital: Sensors, models and smart aids; WG Precision horticulture
- Maintaining quality postharvest: Rethinking Packaging; WG Packaging and storage
- Horticultural Engineering
- Research infrastructur (selected): Fieldlab for Digital Agriculture, Freshness lab
- Research program 'Quality and safety of food and feed': Gentle processes from harvest to consumption
- Videos on ATB's research in the field of fruits and vegetables on our Youtube channel - Playlist "Fruits and vegetables": https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6Ce4O0E0mAXzoBWX9gfuDVATM-vkgnng
Online event by the German Ministry for Food and Agriculture BMEL (in German): Thematic afternoons in the International Year of Fruits and Vegetables.
On Oct 28, 5:00 to 6 pm: "Fruit and vegetables: this is how future looks like - inspiring technical ideas"
ATB-scientist Dr. Martin Geyer and a team of experts will discuss questions from the chat such as:
What kind of technology is used in the cultivation and harvesting of fruit and vegetables? Technology and product quality - do they get along? What do pioneering cultivation systems for tiny growing spaces look like? Why do fruits and vegetables have to be packaged? Which packaging is avoidable, which other options are there for protection or quality assurance? How can we store fruit and vegetables optimally so that the quality is maintained for a long time?
Link to the online event on Oct 28, 5:00 pm: https://ble.webex.com/ble/onstage/g.php?MTID=e8cb0cbf28f1597a91268b56d4282e4c5
More Infos on the Thematic Afternoons - Online from 26 to 28 October 2021!