Research at ATBPhoto: Manuel Gutjahr
The rapid transfer of research results into products, processes and services is critical for the competitiveness of companies in the market. The practice of technology transfer shows that for interested users of research results often measured data, characteristics and laboratory models are not meaningful enough for allowing to estimate the application potential for the own development and production.
Application laboratories provide an active interface between science and industry. They provide comprehensive support for product and process development and help to translate research results into practical working models and demonstrators.
By operating of kow-how-intensive pilot plants at the ATB we provide valuable prerequisites for the development of industrial processes and equipment. Basis of our expertise are research results from extensive and ongoing research work.
Nettle, hemp, hops or oil flax - these plants stand for much more than weeds, drugs, beer or oil. They provide high-quality fibres that are not only interesting for the production of textiles, but can also be used for building or insulating materials in industry, and thus replace fossil raw materials. ...
The ATB is operating a pilot plant for the development and optimisation of biotechnological processes for the material use of renewable raw materials or residues. The plant combines all technical components, ...
The atmospheric boundary layer wind tunnel is used to investigate air flow around and dispersion processes in agricultural buildings as well as flow and ventilation processes within the buildings.. ...
In joint projects particularly with SME partners, the potential uses of renewable resources will be further developed in an economically competitive environment with innovative technologies and products. Potential partners for technology transfer are:
- Producers of natural fibers or of lactic acid and other intermediates
- Developers and manufacturers of equipment and plant components for the processing and storage of raw materials for the implementation of the technological steps to the intermediate or final product
- User of semi-finished products from natural fibers or lactic acid with specific requirements for product parameters and processing characteristics
- Developers of innovative products
- counseling and problem evaluation in the selection and preparation of suitable raw materials
- consultation and problem evaluation in fixing appropriate product / or semi-product parameters
- process development
- adjustment of individual process steps on specific application requirements and, where appropriate, development of additional or alternative process components
- provision of system engineering for the production of product samples or test batches
- support in designing customer-oriented production