We process personal data (in the following named data), which you give us with your job application and which are transmitted within our job application management system, confidentially and only according to the legal regulations.
In the following, you will find information on the processing of your data and on your rights under the applicable data protection law.
The responsible person in terms of the EU’s General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR) and other national data privacy laws of the member states as well as other data privacy regulations is:
Leibniz-Institut für Agrartechnik und Bioökonomie e.V. (ATB)
Max-Eyth-Allee 100, 14469 Potsdam, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)331 5699-0
Fax: +49 (0)331 5699-849
Contact details of the Data Protection Supervisor
You can reach our data protection supervisor at: email@example.com
Which personal data are processed?
The disclosure of personal data in the context of job applications is unavoidable. We process data from your application only as far as this is necessary for the job application process.
The categories of personal data processed include in particular
- Base data (e.g. name, date of birth, nationality, residence)
- Documents (e.g. curriculum vitae, photograph (if attached), references, certificates)
- Education history (e.g. data on higher and school education, vocational qualifications)
- Information on severe disability (voluntary information)
- Communication data (e.g. e-mail, (mobile) phone, home address)
- Log data, which result from the use of IT systems (information about the application e.g. receipt of application)
Purpose of the data processing
The data processing takes place duringthe job application process for the purpose ofinitiate and establish an employment relationship with ATB.
Legal basis for data processing
The legal basis for the data processing is Article 6 para. 1(b) of the GDPR (“in order to take steps at the request of the data subject (in this case applicant) prior to entering into a contract”).
The processing of special categories of personal data under Article 9 paragraph 1 GDPR (health data) is based on Article 9 paragraph 2 b) GDPR (necessary for the purposes of carrying out the obligations and exercising specific rights in the field of employment and social security and social protection law). In addition, the processing of health data may be necessary for the assessment of your ability to work in accordance with Article 9 paragraph 2 h) GDPR.
The application process
At the ATB are job applications strictly made online. You enter your data into our job application management system on your personal end device. The data transfer of your online application is encrypted or SSL-encrypted.
Recipients of your personal data
Only the employees which are responsible for the application process in the Human Resources Department have access to your data at ATB. If required, the data will be made available to the managers and the employees of the responsible department as well as to the works council, the commission for equal opportunities and the representatives of disabled persons, who will have access to your data. Access is only possible in the P&I LOGA applicant management system. It is not allowed to copy and pass on the data or use the data for any other purposes than those mentioned above.
Contractors and service providers (data processors)
Within the framework of job application management, we work together with a service provider who processes your data on our order, files and stores them on his own servers in accordance with the valid data protection regulations.
We have carefully selected the service provider and reached an agreement with him for contractual data processing in accordance with GDPR. The service provider is obliged to maintain confidentiality and to comply with the legal requirements.
COMRAMO KID GmbH
Bischofsholer Damm 89
Provision of the P&I LOGA job application management software Bewerber3 for processing the applications and personal data received within the framework of the application process
Duration of storage
The data will be deleted six months after receipt of your job application, unless longer storage is required due to legal disputes. Since the application process has been ended on our part or withdrawal of the job application by you, your data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required to achieve the purpose of your job application.
If there is an employment relationship between you and us, we can process the data already received from you for the purposes of the employment relationship in accordance with § 26 paragraph 1 BDSG. In the case of employment, the transferred data from your application and the attachments will be transferred to the personnel register. At the time of hiring, a check is made to ensure that the data is up-to-date.
Withdrawal of the application
You have the option to withdraw your job application at any time. You can do this by sending an e-mail to karriere@. atb-potsdam.de
You are entitled to the following rights:
- Right of access and information: You can demand confirmation from us as to whether personal data concerning you are being processed by us.
- Right of rectification or erasure: You can request completion of your data and correction of any incorrect data.
- Restriction of processing: If the legal requirements are met, you can demand that we restrict the processing of your data.
- Right of deletion: You can demand that we delete your data immediately if the legal requirements are met.
- Recall of permission: If you have given us permission to process your data, you can cancel it at any time with effect for the future. The legitimacy of the processing of your data until cancellation remains unaffected.
- Right to data transmission: As far as the legal requirements are met, you can demand that data which you have made available to us be transmitted in a structured, common and machine-readable format or - as far as technically practicable - demand that the data be transmitted to a third party.
If you have any questions regarding data protection or your personal data, you can contact our data protection representative: firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to complain to a data privacy authority
You have the right to make a complaint to a data protection authority. You can contact the data protection authority responsible for your place of residence or your federal state or the data protection authority responsible for us:
Die Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und für das Recht auf Akteneinsicht
Stahnsdorfer Damm 77, 14532 Kleinmachnow
Phone: 033203/356-0, Fax: 033203/356-49
You can download this Data Protection Declaration as pdf.