Areas of competencePhoto: Manuel Gutjahr
The scientific competences of the ATB are organized in departments.
The departments have the task of ensuring and further developing the technical and methodological competences in the respective field of knowledge and to maintain research infrastructure at a high level.
Areas of competence / departments:
- Microbiome Biotechnology
- Technology assessment and substance cycles
- Postharvest technology
- Engineering for crop production
- Engineering for livestock management
- Horticultural Engineering
- Data science in agriculture
Research work is carried out on an interdisciplinary and cross-departmental basis in three research programs (matrix structure).