The scientific libary of the ATB
The ATB-library is a reference library for the institute’s staff members. The collection reflects the research areas and ongoing projects of the ATB in the field of agricultural, environmental and process engineering. The main purpose is to provide new scientific results, new developments and procedures for research, studies, education and information in general.
External users may consult literature in the reading room. The library participates in the interlibrary loan services. For orders made on the interlibrary loan request form, photocopies of items up to 20 pages are delivered free of charge within Germany. The ATB-library is an open-stack, non-lending facility.
On three floors the library provides a modern reading room with five workplaces, internet access, microfiche-viewer, collections of scientific magazines and journales.
- Professional consultation
- Acquisition and procurement of special literature for the institute's researchers
- Interlibrary loans
- Preparation of professional inquiries with the help of the literature database Web of Science
- Compilation of inventory listings
- Treatment of external user calls
Leibniz Open Access Publishing Fund
Starting January 2016, publication costs for articles in open access journals can be assumed by the Open Access Publishing Fund of the Leibniz-Association. Publishers often charge authors with an "article processing charge (APC)" on open access articles.
Telefon: +49(0)331 5699-823
Telefax: +49(0)331 5699-849
The library is open daily from 8.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m.
External visitors are asked to register.
The library is located in the main building (A), ground floor.
- Agricultural engineering
- Agricultural statistics and economics
- Post harvest technology
- Crop production
- Animal husbandery
- Enviromental protection
- Genetical engineering
The ATB library inventory has following media units (status Sept 6, 2017):
- 30132 monographies
- 89 periodical magazines
- 287 series of publications
- 15 continuation supply
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
- Alphabetic Catalogue (AK) – sorted by autor and titel
- systematic Catalogue (SK) – sorted by fields of research
- Complete list of magazines
- Periodical magazines
- List of publications