The production of biochar from digestate biogas production is the focus of the research group APECS (Anaerobic Pathways to Renewable Energies and Carbon Sinks).
• Comparison of different methods for carbonization of the digestate (pyrolysis and hydrothermal carbonization)
• Characterization of different biochars regarding stability of carbon compounds and adsorption
• Optimization of biochar properties
• Effects of biochar as a soil additive
• Review of the process in terms of function, performance, cost and environmental impact
Video: Biochar production from biogenic residues for the application as soil additive (youtube video in German)
no news in this list.
14. Juli 2016: Diese Wertschöpfungskette macht Sinn – das ist das Ergebnis des jetzt auslaufenden...
June 26, 2015: Benjamin Wirth, PhD student at the ATB, is among the 650 young scientists worldwide...