The departments represent the scientific resources of the ATB. All relevant competencies in the field of agricultural engineering including the future oriented "Bioengineering" and "Technology Assessment" are organized within research departments.
Their task is to provide and improve specific scientific and methodologic competencies and to maintain and develop research infrastructure at highest level.
- Technology Assessment and Substance Cycles
- Postharvest Technology
- Engineering for Crop Production
- Engineering for Livestock Management
- Horticultural Engineering
- Junior Research Group Data Science in Agriculture
Based on the matrix character of ATB's structure research work is carried out cross departmental in research programs following an interdisiplinary approach.