Now online: Webinar 'Choosing the right biomass feedstock strategy'
Oct 7, 2019: This webinar aimed to explore biomass feedstock strategies - drawing from the long-standing experience of three experts in the field. ATB-scientist Dr. Sonja Germer contributed with a presentation on results from the EU-funded project AdvanceFuel. Recording and slides are now available on youtube.
For any bio-based project, identifying the right feedstock strategy is a key aspect. One of the first steps to make the project viable is to secure a continuous and long-term supply of biomass. This ensures the plant runs efficiently and does not experience interruptions.
But biomass availability is complex to estimate. It is necessary to assess which feedstock is available close by to avoid high transport costs. The feedstock must also have sufficient quality and specific characteristics to meet the technical requirements of the plant. The cost and sustainability of the chosen biomass are equally crucial.
Recording and slides are now available on youtube: https://youtu.be/39P7Sb3IkHg
The webinar was was held on Sept 26, 2019, organized in the context of the project BIO4PRODUCTS by Greenovate! Europe.
It was the first in a series called 'From biomass to bio-based products'. The focus is on:
- Developing a pyrolysis-based biorefinery (November),
- Making products out of lignin and sugars (January),
- Ensuring sustainability (March).
Contact: Dr. Sonja Germer
5. Feb. 2020: Im Projekt Opti-Methan (Förderung: BMEL/FNR) hat das Leibniz-Institut für Agrartechnik und Bioökonomie einen Online-Rechner entwickelt, der eine genauere Berechnung der Methanbildung in...
12. Nov. 2019: ATB-Wissenschaftler Niels Landwehr wurde gestern im Rahmen des Großen Professoriums an der Universität Potsdam als neu berufener Professor für "Data Science in Agriculture" an der...